*4 Crown *Lift *Car Park *Gym *Wi-Fi
Grade-II listed, 18th-century Mercure Burton Upon Trent Newton Park, former home of Staffordshire brewer William Worthington. Herbs proliferate in the kitchen garden, and picture windows see the seasons change across the landscaped gardens.
The Mercure Burton Upon Trent Newton Park hotel is three miles from Burton-Upon-Trent and seven miles from Derby. The National Forest is a short drive away.
Your UKBreakaways break includes...
* Overnight dinner, bed & breakfast accommodation
* All bedrooms with private facilities, colour TV and tea/coffee making facilities
* A murder mystery themed event during and after dinner in the hotel. Guests will be asked to solve the murder and prizes will be awarded! (where a costume theme is suggested this is totally optional)
A Spectre Calls
Tonight is the will reading of Clara Mallender known to all as 'Auntie Clara.' Clara, a widow, died of a heart attack three months ago shortly after her 70th birthday party and tonight is the occasion of her will reading.
Her family are gathered to listen eagerly to the contents of her will along with her housekeeper and her long time friend, solicitor and medium, Ashley Palmer. and Oh! yes... Clara herself!!!
Your dress code for this event is: Standard Evening Wear
What To Expect
All character roles in our murder mysteries are played by a cast of professional actors. Your role during the events is to act as an investigator - questioning the suspects, watching the incidents and perhaps discovering the bodies! Guests are not required to act nor to be put into teams. The action will unfold around you and you will have the opportunity to interrogate all the suspects. You are also encouraged to freely roam the restaurant and to talk to characters as often as you wish. The event will be continuous throughout. Be careful you don't miss anything! Evidence will be displayed for you to study
How To Participate
* Bring a note pad and pen with you to jot down everything you hear
* Interrogate the suspects. They may have something to hide
* Listen carefully to what the suspects are saying to each other
* Read the evidence that is displayed
* Watch for any hidden facial expression that may give away a guilty secret
* Be suspicious and trust your instincts
* Above all, stay alert and keep your eyes and ears open. Trust no one. The person sitting next to you may be a murderer!